Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Switzerland Smells Like Cheese

She may not be a movie star but when it comes to bein happy, we are.
Switzerland may not be as enthralling or seductive as glitzy Paris but that does not mean she is any less inspiring. Frankenstein was set along the Lake Geneva region; Lord Byron was influenced to write of a famous prisoner at Chateau Chillon (a Castle I visited...hope that is correct spelling); heck the Swiss even invented Absinthe.
Lausanne is a quiet town of approx. 120,000 residents who enjoy their cigarettes (indoors!), respect noise levels, and love their cheese. The last being my personal favorite.
My friend, Hannah, brought me way up in the mountains to a town called Gruyere for some true cheese fondue. Amazing. It looks like my other friend, Marie, is craving fondue for tomorrow night as well. If there is such a thing as cheese detox then I am going to need it after this week is over.
If you want to try a true Swiss meal, here it is:
Pork sausage with cabbage mixed in
Served on top of Leek and Potato
Dip in mustard (preferably FROM Dijon, France)
...Does not sound like much but I had this for lunch today and it was to die for.
Okay bedtime.
Love you all.
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment