Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Paris cannot let me go
















Or is it the other way around?












Sorry for my absence...I have been lazing about Marie's apartment til the late afternoon practically every day. When I finally get out of the house it is suddenly the night. We joke that when I return home and people ask me what Paris was like I will respond with: "Dark".












The past couple of days I spent wandering around, getting lost, eating nutella and banana crepes, and peering into shop windows, salivating.












So I must share with you the cheesiest pickup line yet:












French Guy ¨Where are you from?¨






Me ¨Florida¨






FG ¨Did you bring Mickey with you?¨






Me ¨Au Revoir!¨












Obama is a well liked guy here and definitely a popular conversation topic. Several people have asked me what I think about him. Then they follow up with a reminder of how much they hated Bush. A dessert shop owner actually put on his 'Obama/Biden' pin when he found out I was American. He was very endearing as he informed his other customers that I was American. My new friend Jean Louis.












I am really enjoying Paris and the people are very nice. Decided to stay til Friday when I head to Switzerland.

No comments:

Post a Comment