Friday, March 27, 2009

Brick Stairs Meet Bum

Hello you beautiful people you.

Today I am hobbling around as I bruised my booty and left elbow last night. What ha-ha-happened was: I was trying to make a glamorous entrance into a super duper cool basement bar near Gare Central called La Porte Noir. As I was cautiously descending the steep brick staircase into the dungeon, I slipped and down I went. They had to be brick. Of course I laughed it off like a champ.

The scene brought to mind the Ellen Degeneres bit where she discusses our tendency to laugh when embarrassed, no matter how much pain we may be experiencing. "Where is my eye? Ha ha…I can't find my eye. Ha." Luckily I was with a couple of pals who helped me up and picked up the magazines that had flown about.

James, an editor of a local magazine Kimberley writes for, Colin, and I went to La Porte Noir after bowling in a league nearby for the entire evening. It was great fun but I was definitely playing amongst greatness. I lagged behind by 80 points for the majority of the night. Effort was put forth I tell you. There was a great group of folks, and it was a laugh. We lost by the way.


Tomorrow Kimberley, John, and Chloe head to the States for a few weeks. It's a good thing I will be keeping busy with my new job and trying to fill up my agenda. So it will just be Millie and me hanging out. She is probably the coolest cat in the world.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Holly! It seems that our paths are destined to cross again in the most unexpected of places! I am planning a trip to London, to visit my Sister & Brother, who are now living over there, & had already planned to travel to Brussels, of all places, to catch up with an old friend.. with all hope, we will be able to meet again! I plan to travel July or December..will keep you posted. Take care! With many best wishes, :-) Amanda Pound

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!!!...well if you come in July I will DEFINITELY still be here. December I am not positive on but it is a possibility. Please let me know as soon as you have concrete plans. You will absolutely LOVE Brussels. Definitely your kind of place. Very quirky with an offbeat creativity weaved amongst suits and ties...very interesting place.

    Would love to see you! Abhi will be so jealous!

    ReplyDelete