Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Small Country, Grande Baguette

Uh oh folks…I know some of you will cringe when you hear this (Nini), but I believe I am beginning to fall in love with this strange city of Brussels (Bruxelles). My pals and I back in St. Pete are pretty well versed in Belgian beer thanks to Dan and Colleen at the Independent bar. However, many unique flavors can be found if one is daring enough to look in Belgian food, architecture, shopping, music, etc. For those of you who are as clueless about Belgium as I was before arriving here I have provided a map:





There she is...she's a bute ain't she? So there I am job hunting and exploring in Brussels. If I knew how to draw in a stick figure I would. Guess you will just have to use your imagination.

As you can clearly see Belgium is positioned between France, Germany, and the Netherlands. Therefore, it has a nice blend of Bavarian, French, and Dutch cultures.

Brussels is actually a dual language city comprised of both French and Flemish. All of the signs in the city are given in both languages. However, French is the most used language in Brussels. English would probably come in second.

So I have lots more to discuss however I have grown weary and need some R&R.


But first here is a taste of how well I have been eating. Notice I am absent from these photos. I am trying to hide the evidence on my chubby cheeks of over a month of non-stop bread, cheese, and chocolate. Kimberley has also been feeding me wonderful home cooked meals. When she leaves I am going to have to whip out the children's cookbook.

Bisoux












No comments:

Post a Comment